This Baked Asparagus, Leek and Goat Cheese Frittata makes the perfect weekend brunch. Packed with seasonal Spring veggies and creamy goat cheese, this baked frittata is low-carb, gluten-free and absolutely delicious!
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 oz log of goat cheese
- 1 large leek or two small
- 1/2 lb of asparagus spears
- 1 1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and generously butter a 9 inch deep dish pie plate or an 8×8 baking dish.
- Remove root and dark green parts of leek. Slice lengthwise then thinly slice each half. Rinse thoroughly under cold water and dry with paper towels or clean dish towel.
- Trim or snap off woody ends of asparagus and slice on a bias into about 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a sauté pan on medium heat. Add leeks and sauté until very soft and starting to caramelize about 5-7 minutes. Add in asparagus and cook until bright green and just starting to get tender, about another 4-5 minutes. Pour veggies into a buttered dish.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk herbs, salt and pepper and 3/4 of the goat cheese, crumbled up or if it’s very creamy, pinch it off in pea sized amounts and drop it into the mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over veggies. Crumble and sprinkle remaining goat cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes until browned around the edges and eggs are set. Serve warm or room temperature.
To make the asparagus spears decoration on the top, set aside a few full length spears and sauté them whole. Gently lay them on top of the frittata before baking.
Keywords: goats cheese frittata, asparagus and leek frittata, how to make a frittata, frittata vs quiche, asparagus frittata, asparagus goat cheese frittata, asparagus goat cheese, baked frittata recipe