Fresh, light and flavorful Greek style salad with chickpeas.
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup or about half of an English cucumber, seeded and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ cup bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup kalamata olive, halved
- ½ cup feta cheese, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- 4 tbsp good olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add veggies and chickpeas to a bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl and pour into veggies. Stir to combine.
- Add feta cubes and gently incorporate.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour or overnight.
If you do not have fresh oregano leaves on hand, add 1 tsp of dried oregano to the dressing.