A delicious and nutritious powerhouse smoothie packed with spinach, pineapple, apple, avocado and ginger for a perfect breakfast or afternoon pick me up.
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 large or one small apple, seeds removed, cut into chunks
- 1/4 of a large or 1/2 of a small ripe avocado
- 1 inch chunk of fresh ginger, no need to peel
- 1/2–3/4 cup coconut water
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- dash of cayenne pepper
- In a high powered blender, add spinach and 1/2 cup of coconut water till greens are liquified.
- Add in pineapple, apple, ginger, avocado, lemon and dash of cayenne pepper and blend on high until smooth.
- Check for consistency and sweetness and add in more coconut water or frozen pineapple to taste. Serve immediately.
I like to blend in two stages. Liquifying the greens first and then adding in the rest of the ingredients. I find that this helps make sure that the greens blend in and make a chunk free smoothie.
Keywords: green smoothie recipe, detox smoothie, green detox smoothie, green machine smoothie, green smoothie for weight loss, sweet green smoothie, smoothie without banana, smoothie with avocado, pineapple smoothie, tropical smoothie, sweet and spicy green smoothie, best green smoothie recipe, healthy green smoothie, hangover cure