Roasted honeynut squash, quinoa, arugula and pomegranate seeds with a tangy, apple cider vinaigrette. The perfect fall salad!
For the Salad
- 2 cups roasted honeynut squash cubes (or butternut squash), about 1 small squash.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 6 cups arugula
For the Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- salt to taste
- Whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon, honey and salt or add to a mason jar and shake vigorously. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Peel and cube squash. Toss with olive oil and salt. Roast for 25-30 minutes until tender and slightly crisp.
- While the squash is roasting, prepare quinoa to package directions.
- Assemble arugula, squash, quinoa and pomegranate seeds in a bowl or on a platter. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve immediately.
I like to serve this salad with slightly warm or room temperature squash. If squash was roasted beforehand, toss in a hot skillet with a little olive oil to crisp before assembly.
Keywords: honeynut squash, butternut squash, roasted squash salad, quinoa salad, fall salad, apple cider vinaigrette, holiday salad