Toasty bread cubes, olives, sun dried tomatoes and warmed white beans, tossed with a peppery arugula pesto.
For the Garlic Butter Croutons:
- 4 cups day old cubed french bread
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or 1/2 teaspoon each of dried basil and oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Arugula Pesto:
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 almonds or pine nuts
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2–3 cups arugula
- 1 150z can of cannellini beans, drained and slightly warmed
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup of julienned sun dried tomatoes
- Squeeze of lemon juice and drizzle of olive oil for serving
- In the food processor, add 2 cups arugula, almonds or pine nuts, parmesan, lemon juice 2 cloves garlic, 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/2 tsp of salt. Pulse until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss cubed bread with butter, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 cloves minced garlic and Italian seasoning on a baking sheet until well combined. Press gently and smear bread cubes into mixture to make sure it sticks to the bread. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown, tossing halfway through and rotating the pan. Let cool completely.
- Warm cannellini beans and stir in 1/4 cup of the pesto.
- Squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil on bed of arugula on a platter. Arrange warmed beans, garlic croutons, olives and sun dried tomatoes on top. Serve immediately with extra pesto on the side for drizzling.
The measurements for this salad are a guideline. Panzanella is very flexible so if you want to add more or less of any ingredient or customize, make it your own! The only measurements that are specific are for the pesto.
Keywords: panzanella, arugula pesto, white bean salad, kalamata olive recipe, panzanella recipe, arugula salad