A rich and comforting creamy Potato, Leek & Cauliflower Soup that’s also dairy-free. Full of vegetables, all you need is a few simple ingredients to make a lighter version of classic, comfort potato soup.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large leeks
- 1 1/2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 cups frozen cauliflower (12oz bag)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4–6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp thyme or Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp salt
- more salt and pepper to taste
- Favorite toppings – bacon, cheddar cheese, chives, croutons, half and half or heavy cream, coconut milk, olive oil
- Clean leeks, peel and chop potatoes and mince garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy bottom pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add leeks and cook for 5-8 minutes until completely soft.
- Add in garlic, salt and thyme or Italian seasoning and cook for an additional minute or two until very fragrant.
- Add in potatoes, cauliflower and veggie broth and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to medium low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until vegetables are completely soft.
- Puree the soup until completely smooth and serve with favorite potato soup toppings.
If using a regular blender to puree the soup, let it cool for about 30 minutes and blend carefully in small batches. Add pureed soup back to the pot to reheat before serving.
Keywords: potato leek and cauliflower soup, dairy free potato soup, homemade potato soup recipe, vegan potato soup, potato soup toppings, potato soup yukon gold, best potatoes for potato soup, cauliflower potato soup, potato soup without cream, loaded potato soup