Succulent shrimp and tender crisp asparagus in a garlic lemon butter. A quick, easy and healthy 20 minute meal!
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes or other seasonings of choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel and devein shrimp and trim asparagus. Mince garlic and zest one whole lemon.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Add lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, about 2/3 of the minced garlic, 2/3 of the lemon zest, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Whisk together until combined. Add shrimp and set aside.
- Add trimmed asparagus to half of a sheet pan. Toss with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and arrange in a single layer. Sprinkle the remaining minced garlic and lemon zest on top of the asparagus. Bake for exactly 4 minutes and remove sheet pan from oven.
- Carefully add shrimp to the other half of the sheet pan and arrange in a single layer. Make sure to scrape out all of the lemon garlic butter.
- Return sheet pan to the oven and bake for an additional 7-9 minutes until shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Remove sheet pan from oven and toss everything to thoroughly coat in sauce. Serve immediately.
Leftover shrimp and asparagus can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two days.
Keywords: Sheet pan shrimp and asparagus in garlic lemon butter sauce, garlic lemon butter sauce, sheet pan meal, oven roasted shrimp and asparagus, shrimp and asparagus, lemon butter baked shrimp, baked garlic butter shrimp