This garlicky, buttery, lemony shrimp can be on your plate in just about 15 minutes! It’s so easy to throw together for a light appetizer or served over pasta, veggies or rice for a satisfying meal. Seriously, just pass me a hunk of crusty bread and a cold glass of white wine and I’m all set.
This is one of those meals that’s quick and easy for a weeknight, but also impressive enough to serve for guests. Really anything with garlic, butter and lemon is my jam. This is high on the list.
Use BIG juicy wild caught shrimp. This dish is simple and all about the quality, flavor and texture of the shrimp. Get the good stuff for maximum succulence.
Use the white wine that you would drink to accompany this gorgeous meal. I recommend a Sauvignon blanc or Pinot Grigio. If you’re into Chardonnays, cool. Again, just get the good stuff. Alcohol free? No worries, just substitute chicken broth!
Have all of your ingredients measured and right next to you before you start cooking. Shrimp cooks fast and this recipe is quick. You don’t want to be searching for something, cutting your lemon or chopping parsley while the shrimp are happening on the stove. Overcooked shrimp is tough, rubbery and extremely disappointing so be sure to babysit it the whole time to get it just right.
Six Ingredient Shrimp Scampi
- 1½ lbs Large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 5-6 cloves garlic minced
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 6 tbsp salted butter
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- Melt half of the butter on medium heat and add garlic. Cook till just fragrant, being careful not to burn.
- Add shrimp and cook until they just begin to turn pink. Add wine to the pan and cook another minute or two until the wine is reduced and the shrimp are done.
- Stir in lemon juice and the rest of the butter and remove from heat. Don't overcook the shrimp!
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve immediately.