Thai Crunch Salad with light and tangy peanut dressing is a fresh and colorful salad packed with flavor.
For the Salad
- 3 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 head romaine, thinly sliced, about 2 cups
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded or matchstick cut carrots
- 1/2 english cucumber, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/3 cup scallions, green parts only
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
For the Dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 inch chunk of fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey (to keep it vegan you can use maple syrup or sugar)
- 1/4 cup creamy, natural peanut butter (no sugar added)
- zest of half of lime and juice of whole
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp chili paste or Sriracha (optional)
Roughly chop garlic and ginger and add to blender with the rest of the dressing ingredients. Blend until smooth and set aside.
Add cabbage, romaine, cucumbers, carrots and peppers to a large bowl and toss to combine. Top with cilantro, scallions and chopped peanuts.
Serve with dressing on the side.
For the base, feel free to use any kind of combination that you like. Save a step and time and grab a bag of coleslaw mix!
Keywords: Thai crunch salad, cabbage salad, peanut dressing