Jenné Claiborne's Purple and White Potato Salad
A colorful, flavorful classic potato salad with a twist. This vegan purple and white potato salad by vegan chef and blogger, Jenné Claiborne from Sweet Potato Soul is perfect for your next cookout.
- 3 small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 small Purple potatoes
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons ume plum vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
In a large pot, cover whole, unpeeled potatoes with 8 cups of water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes until potatoes are fork tender but not mushy.
While the potatoes are cooking, whisk together vegan mayonnaise, shallots, dill, ume plum vinegar, mustard and salt until well combined.
Strain the cooked potatoes and let dry completely. When cool enough to handle comfortably, remove the skins and cut the potatoes into ½ inch cubes. Place potatoes in a large bowl.
Pour dressing over cooled potatoes and use a wooden spoon or silicone spatula to gently combine until potatoes are well coated.
Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight before serving.
- If using baby potatoes like I did for this post, I recommend a 1.5 pound bag. The cook time will be shorter so check often. Half or quarter the potatoes and leave the skin on. Follow the recipe as instructed.
- Before serving, toss gently to reincorporate dressing and taste for seasoning.
Serving: 1gCalories: 299kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 3gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1750mgPotassium: 654mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 28IUVitamin C: 29mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg