Juicy, flavorful turkey burgers packed with fresh veggies
- 1 lb ground turkey (half breast, half thigh)
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 red onion (grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- burger buns and toppings
- Grate zucchini and put it in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and let stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze out all of the excess moisture with a clean dish towel.
- Add remaining ingredients to the zucchini and gently combine with your hands. Form five equal size patties. Place in a single layer in a dish and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour or as long as overnight.
- Right before cooking, coat each cold patty lightly in oil. Grill or pan fry for about 5 minutes per side, turning frequently to prevent burning, until the internal temperature reads 160 degrees.
- Serve immediately with favorite burger toppings on warmed buns.