This Baked Mediterranean Cod En Papillote could not be easier to make and is so flavorful. “En Papillote” sounds super fancy but it just means “in parchment paper”! It’s rustic, elegant and nearly foolproof. A super simple recipe that’s perfect for impressing dinner party guests or just to impress yourself with a quick and delicious weeknight dinner. With sweet cherry or grape tomatoes, salty Kalamata olives, good olive oil and fresh chives, it’s a delicious combination of Mediterranean flavors.
If making fish at home seems intimidating, this is a great place to start. Cod is very mild, versatile and doesn’t have a strong “fishy” flavor. Cod is also budget friendly and easy to prepare in a number of different ways. It also keeps well in the freezer. I always have a few filets on hand for a quick and easy freezer pull dinner.
This parchment paper packet method, “en papillote” works perfectly with all kinds of fish and veggies. Mix it up and have fun with it!
*This post may contains affiliate links — please see my disclosure for details*
Baked Mediterranean Cod En Papillote
- 2 6 oz cod portions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10-12 cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 10-12 kalamata olives halved
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Cut large 16 inch squares of parchment paper for each portion of fish.
- Place each piece of fish in the center of the parchment on a baking sheet. Season lightly with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and top each portion with cherry tomatoes and kalamata olives.
- Gather the opposite sides of the parchment and roll down like a paper bag, leave an inch or two of room in there so the fish has some space. Fold up the other ends and make a neat little packet.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes. Fish should flake easily with a fork when done.
- Open up packets and garnish with chopped chives