I really love a good veggie and grain bowl. Also, farro might be my new obsession. There’s something about composed bowls that are just so satisfying. The colors, flavors and textures – getting a little bit of everything in one bite or combining different ingredients. It’s healthy, delicious and fun to put together. Bowls are also a great way to feed a family as everyone can mix and match the ingredients they like. Totally customizable!
This Green Goddess bowl is full of tender, leafy spinach, succulent shrimp, chewy farro, creamy avocado, crunchy cucumber, edamame, pepitas and the most delicious, garlicky, herby green dressing. Seriously, the dressing is ridiculously good. It’s made with Greek yogurt and tons of fresh herbs so feel free to be extremely generous with it. In the summer, this dressing is a fantastic way to enjoy the herbs that may be bursting out of your garden! Check out some of the other herby dressings here on my site like the Italian Herb Vinaigrette.
I highly recommend roasting your shrimp. It comes out perfect and juicy and the flavor and texture is just perfect. This method works best with large shrimp so splurge and get the good ones. You can find big shrimp in the freezer section of the grocery store. I always have them on hand. Make sure that you pat them dry before you prep them to go in the oven.
This recipe can be adapted for whatever is in season or whatever you’re in the mood for. For the protein you could use chicken, tofu or chickpeas. Green beans, broccoli or any other green veggies are great. Quinoa or brown rice is also fantastic in this. Really, it’s your world. Have fun with it!
Green Goddess Bowl
- 8-12 large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 3 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup cucumber cut into chunks
- ½ avocado sliced
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- ¼ cup packed basil leaves
- ¼ cup packed parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp champagne or wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp anchovy paste
- ¼ tsp salt
- Combine all dressing ingredients in the food processor and blend until herbs are speckled.
- Toss raw, prepared shrimp in a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in a 400 degree oven for 9-11 minutes until pink and cooked through.
- Prepare farro according to package directions.
- Start with spinach in the bottom on the bowl. Arrange ingredients on top and dress with goddess dressing.