Chili in the summer? The answer is YES. This summer white chicken chili is packed with farm fresh, summer veggies like zucchini, rainbow chard and fresh sweet corn. Tender crisp veggies, white beans, shredded chicken with all of the traditional chili herbs and spices – the chili screams summer . This simple, nutritious recipe comes together in the Instant Pot in no time. It’s light, flavorful and perfect for a summery weeknight meal.
Here’s a demo of the recipe right on the porch at Middlebury Farms, Inc. If you haven’t done so yet, go ahead and click that “subscribe” button on my Youtube channel and join me in the kitchen!
Instant Pot Summer White Chicken Chili
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1.5 lbs 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt plus more to taste
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 150 z cans of white beans cannellini or great northern, drained
- 1 bunch sturdy greens like swiss chard or kale chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup corn
- 2 small zucchini cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 cups chicken stock
- sour cream
- lime wedges
- Turn the instant pot on sauté mode and heat olive oil. Add in onions and cook till just translucent.
- Add in garlic, herbs and spices. Sauté for another minute or two until fragrant. Add chicken broth and beans.
- Nestle chicken breasts into the mixture in the pot and close the lid. Cook on manual for 12 minutes. Natural release for another 10 minutes.
- Carefully move the knob to finish depressurizing and open the lid. Remove chicken breasts and put on a cutting board. Add veggies to the pot and close the lid, staing on keep warm setting.
- Shred chicken with two forks and add back into the pot. Close the lid and let sit on keep warm for another 10 minutes or so.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro, a dollop of sour cream and a squeeze of lime.