A salty-sweet cereal and chocolate candy Christmas snack mix that everyone will love. Perfect for gifting!
Reindeer Feed (or Christmas Chex Mix) is a fun and festive treat for the holidays. Crispy crunch Chex cereal, holiday m&m candies and salty pretzels coated in white chocolate make a truly addicting snack. Make sure to lure Santa’s reindeer with this feed so he makes a stop at your house!
This Reindeer Feed Christmas Chex Mix only takes about 10 minutes to throw together. I love to make a big batch of this deliciousness and pack a cup or two in treat bags to give away as gifts. Reindeer feed stores very well in the freezer. It’s the perfect thing to make ahead of the holiday rush or for a party. I can often be found unapologetically snacking on this directly out of the freezer in the week leading up to Christmas.
Grab a few pantry staples and make it!
*This post contains affiliate links — please see my disclosure for details*
What do I need to make Reindeer Feed?
Cereal – For this recipe, I like to use a combination of Rice Chex, Corn Chex and Wheat Chex. You could sub in other kinds of cereal like Cheerios or Corn Flakes. Just make sure to use non-sugary cereal as we will be coating everything in sweet white chocolate.
Pretzels – I grab the mini twists or pretzel sticks.
Holiday M&Ms – Traditional milk chocolate m&ms in holiday colors are my favorite to use in this recipe. The red and green make it so festive.
White Chocolate Chips – For this recipe I always use the Ghirardelli Classic White Premium Baking Chips.
That’s it! Super simple.
Reindeer Feed (Christmas Chex Mix)
- Spread out a large piece of parchment paper out onto the counter or onto a baking sheet.
- Toss together cereal, pretzels and M&Ms in a very large bowl.
- In a double boiler, gently melt two bags of white chocolate chips, stirring frequently. You can also temper the chocolate in the microwave. Use the defrost setting to heat chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 15-20 second intervals, stirring vigorously in between until just melted.
- Using a wooden spoon or a spatula, drizzle melted white chocolate all over cereal, candy, pretzel mix and fold gently until everything is completely coated. Be gentle and try to avoid breaking up the cereal and pretzels as you mix.
- Turn mixture out onto parchment and spread into an even later. Let harden for about 30-40 minutes.
- Break up into chunks and store in an airtight container!