This sheet pan shrimp fajita recipe is easy, delicious and ready in 20 minutes! A perfect busy weeknight meal.
This easy shrimp fajita recipe is heavy in the weeknight rotation in my house. I always have shrimp on hand for quick and delicious meals. Even straight out of the freezer, they are ready in no time. Juicy shrimp and tender peppers and onions all roasted on the same sheet pan. The sheet pan goes straight from the oven to the table with a stack of warm tortillas and your favorite toppings and dinner is served. A healthy, fun and flavorful dish that everyone will love.
How to make sheet pan shrimp fajitas
The key to making a great sheet pan meal is making sure that all of the different ingredients cook perfectly. The onions and peppers are sliced thin to ensure that they cook quickly and you can get this on the table with perfectly cooked shrimp in less than 20 minutes. First, roast the vegetables for about 8-10 minutes. Take the pan out of the oven, toss in the shrimp and roast for an additional 6-8 minutes until the shrimp are cooked through. This ensures that the shrimp don’t overcook while the veggies are softening and everything comes out the perfect texture. While the veggies and shrimp are in the oven, warm up the tortillas, slice an avocado and grab salsa verde. When the pan comes out of the oven, finish it with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a sprinkling of cilantro leaves for a colorful, veggie packed meal.
All of the prep can be done ahead of time if you’re really in a rush for dinner. Slice up your peppers and onions and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to put it together. I always buy my shrimp with the shell on and peel and devein them myself but you can use any kind of shrimp that you like. Just make sure they aren’t precooked!
I use a simple seasoning mix and a few teaspoons of oil and toss right on the sheet pan so there’s no extra dishes, making cleanup a cinch! Can’t see how it gets any better than this.
*This post contains affiliate links — please see my disclosure for details*
What do I need to make sheet pan shrimp fajitas?
You don’t need any special equipment or fancy ingredients. Here is everything you need!
Sheet Pan – you definitely need one. If you don’t have one, I love this sheet pan. Every kitchen should have two or three of these workhorses!
Shrimp – you can use any kind of raw shrimp you like for this recipe. I usually buy jumbo which means about 21/25 shrimp per pound.
Onion – any kind of onion will work for this recipe
Bell Peppers – any kind will work. I like a mix of yellow, red and/or orange. The more colorful, the better!
Limes – fresh lime juice adds a necessary pop of acid and really brings the dish together
Seasonings – I mix up the seasonings in a small bowl for seasoning the veggies and the shrimp. You’ll need chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, paprika and salt. These are seasonings that I always have in my cabinet. I order many organic herbs and spices from my favorite online grocery store, Thrive Market. They come in bulk packaging and are extremely cheap!
Oil – a few teaspoons of neutral oil to coat everything for roasting. For high temps I always use this avocado oil.
Tortillas – any kind of fajita size tortillas you like!
Toppings – my favorites for this recipe are fresh cilantro, salsa verde, sliced jalapeños and avocado or my Guac”kale”amole for an extra veggie punch!
Juicy shrimp and tender veggies roasted to perfection on a sheet pan for a quick, easy and healthy fajita dinner any night of the week.
- 1.5 lbs raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp avocado oil or other neutral oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Fresh lime wedges
- Warm tortillas
- Fajita toppings like salsa verde, sliced jalapeños and avocado or guac”kale”amole
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, paprika and salt. Set aside.
- Thinly slice peppers and onions into strips. Place on sheet pan and toss with 1 tsp of avocado oil and half of the seasoning mix.
- Roast veggies for 8-10 minutes until softened, tossing halfway through.
- While the veggies are roasting, toss peeled and deveined shrimp, remaining seasoning and 1 tsp of oil together in a bowl.
- Remove sheet pan from the oven and add shrimp. Return to the oven and roast for an additional 6-8 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, check shrimp for doneness and turn on the broiler for an additional 1-2 minutes, allowing the shrimp and veggies to pick up a little char. Watch carefully to not overcook the shrimp.
- When the sheet pan comes out of the oven, squeeze with fresh lime juice and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve immediately with warm tortillas and desired toppings.
The cook time on the shrimp is based on jumbo shrimp or 21/25 count. You may need to adjust the cooking time of the shrimp accordingly depending on what size you use.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Keywords: sheet pan shrimp fajitas, shrimp fajitas, fajitas in the oven, sheet pan dinner, easy fajita recipe, easy shrimp fajitas, 20 minute meals, quick and easy weeknight meal