*This post contains affiliate links — please see my disclosure for details*
This Instant Pot Salsa Verde Pulled Chicken is packed with flavor and could not be easier to make. The perfect weeknight dinner that’s quick and easy enough for when you “don’t feel like cooking”.
I love an easy chicken recipe. It’s such a versatile, healthy protein that can be prepared in so many different, delicious ways. This juicy, shredded chicken is perfect for make ahead meal prep as it’s great in burrito bowls, quesadillas, sandwiches, over rice or on it’s own with veggies and potatoes. The possibilities are endless! This recipe also freezes well so if you don’t finish it all after a few days, pack it up in the sauce in an airtight, freezer safe container as a gift to your future self.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? This can also easily be done in the crockpot on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours. I really do recommend you get yourself that Instant Pot. Seriously, life changing!
My favorite way to enjoy this chicken is in a burrito bowl with rice, beans and my quick pico de gallo and guac. Done in less time than it takes to go pick up Chipotle ; )
Quick and easy Instant Pot pulled chicken
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 16 oz jar of your favorite green salsa
- Cilantro for garnish
- Put chicken breasts in the instant pot in a single layer.
- Sprinkle seasonings and minced garlic on top of chicken.
- Pour jar of salsa over the top of the chicken. Do not stir.
- Close lid, turn to sealing and manually set to high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Natural Release for 10 minutes. Vent carefully. Open the lid and shred the chicken with two forks in the sauce. Serve.